Yorkshire very own ‘The Black Swan’ at Oldstead, North Yorkshire was voted the Trip Advisor’s ‘Travellers Choice Restaurants Awards’ champion last year.
Beating Raymond Blanc’s ‘Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons’ in New Milton, Oxfordshire.
This was all thanks to Michelin star chef Tommy Banks and his brother James who took over the restaurant when they were just 17 and 19.
They also The won Two AA Rosettes and was voted AA Pub of the Year in England back in 2010 so they are no strangers to national recognition for their wonderful Yorkshire dishes.
To win the top spot, they triumphed over the following contenders
- The Black Swan at Oldstead, Oldstead, United Kingdom
- Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, New Milton, United Kingdom
- Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France
- L’Auberge de l’Ill, Illhaeusern, France
- Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
- Daniel, New York City, United States
- La Colombe, Constantia, South Africa
- David’s Kitchen, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Maido, Lima, Peru
- El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
- Restaurant Alcron, Prague, Czech Republic
- The Fat Duck, Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
- Restaurante Benazuza, Cancun, Mexico
- Ristorante Don Alfonso 1890, Sant’Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy
- DOC, Armamar, Portugal
- i Latina, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Chez Bruno, Lorgues, France
- The Grove, Auckland Central, New Zealand
- Indian Accent, New Delhi, India
- TRB Hutong, Beijing, China
- Azurmendi, Larrabetzu, Spain
- Muse Restaurant, Pokolbin, Australia
- Voila Bistrot, Paraty, Brazil
- The French Cafe, Auckland Central, New Zealand
- Funky Gourmet, Athens, Greece
Love Yorkshire produce? Love wine? Visit the Little Wold Vineyard… Click below